Olive oil does not possess by chance such a major position in the Mediterranean diet. In the modern era it is certified by medical science as the elixir of life!
Olive oil, the “Golden Liquid ” according to the ancient texts of Homer or “the great healer” by Hippocrates, is an excellent source of vitamin E, the fat soluble vitamin which shows strong antioxidant activity and is rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, C , D, K, minerals, selenium and iron. Recent scientific studies have shown that the Mediterranean diet, which mainly includes the consumption of olive oil, is the healthiest, it is responsible for the longevity and the prevention of many diseases.
BENEFITS OF OLIVE OIL
The benefits of olive oil are many and our body absorbs them up to 98%! Olive oil is the best choice for our plate, because it’s beneficial properties ensures the flavor and the health of the consumer
- It contributes to the heart health and heart diseases and therefore to the coronary heart disease
- It helps in better absorption of calcium
- It shields the central nervous system
- It helps to reduce the risk of rheumatoid arthritis
- It enhances memory
- It helps in the increase of bone mass thus combating osteoporosis
- It helps in the normal function of the digestive system
- It contributes to the metabolism of glucose in diabetics
- It strengthens the bones
- It strengthens the immune system
- It combats depression
- It prevents heart attacks
- It protects the skin and helps to prevent skin diseases such as acne, psoriasis, eczema, etc.
- It contributes to the reduction of both high and low blood pressure levels
- It plays a crucial role in fetal development during pregnancy and the maintenance of vitamin E in breast milk It acts as a safeguard against certain types of malignant tumors such as breast cancer, prostate, in the womb, digestive system etc.